Metabolic Conditioning (Met Con Workout) is rising in the fitness world. Cross Fitters beware, you might have a cross-breed of H.I.I.T., Tabata, and Cross-Fit Training in one workout. The Met Con Training effect has males burning calories for up to 36-hours, following the workout, and 24-hours for females.
The design is simple. 10 exercises performed for 1-minute each. After each exercise you are allowed 10 seconds of rest, though many warriors jump right into the next exercise. After the 10th exercise, you recover for 1-minute. Walk it off, get a sip of water, or just pray to the fitness gods because up next you have TWO MORE rounds of the same exercises, in the same order. Total time is 33-35 minutes. Increase the challenge and include a burnout set of 3 new exercises following the workout, different from the Met Con Workout. Each new exercise is performed only once with 20 repetitions and 10 seconds recovery to the next exercise. 🙂 Enjoy!
Here is a sample of my latest Butt N Gut Met Con Workout.
Please include a dynamic warm-up of 5-10 minutes before starting this workout. Can include: Jumping Jacks, Seal Jacks, Walking Lunges, Air Squats, Volleyball Arm Circles, Mountain Climbers, Frankenstein Kicks, etc.
10 exercises (1-minute each)
10 seconds of recovery after each exercise is allowed
1-minute active recovery after 10th exercise
Repeat for a total of 3 rounds. (30-minutes)
Final Round: 3 new exercises. 20 Reps. 10-sec break
Equipment Needed: Kettle Bell (KB) or Dumb Bell (DB), Weight Bar (WB), Exercise Mat, Water, Towel.
Butt N Gut Met Con Workout
- Squat and 2 Kayak Strides (Alt R/L)
- WB Back Lunge with Rotation (cross over front leg) (Alt R/L)
- 3-Quick Step and Deep Squat/Sumo Squat
- WB Squat with Side Overhead Reach (Alt R/L)
- KB/DB Single-Arm Squat (30 sec R/ 30 sec L)
- Forward Jump and Quick steps back
- 4-Sequence Push-ups ( 2 Staggered, Close, Wide)
- KB/DB Single-Arm Bent Over Row (30 sec R/ 30 sec L)
- In place shuffle step to Football Drop Down and back up
- WB Push-Press
1-minute recovery then repeat 2 more rounds
- 20 Scissor Lunges
- 20 DB Chest, Back and Shoulders sequence
- 1-minute Plank or Bridge Hold
Please feel free to email me if you have any questions. Buttngut@gmail.com